Updates from Immanuel
Last updated 3.26.20
Update, March 26th, 2020
For those of you who are planning on participating with us in the Lord’s Supper during our Good Friday online service, we are giving out travel size Lord’s Supper kits and would like to make them available to you! You of course may have your own grape juice and crackers at home, but if not, we will have these available for you to drive-thru and pick up here on campus in our Welcome Center between the hours of 9am and 11am, Monday through Friday (while supplies last).
Update, March 17, 2020
Immanuel remains committed to sharing God’s word and ministering to people. At this time, we will be following Public Health guidelines to help protect one another, and reduce exposure to COVID-19. Therefore we are doing the following—
- There will be no Worship services, classes, groups or other activities on our campus until further notice
- We will continue to provide Worship via our online services each Sunday morning at www.ibclive.org at 9:15am and 10:50am, and a Wed. evening message
- A Bible Study Community lesson from Romans for Adults will also be available online; other age group ministries will be providing family resources and seeking to stay in touch
- Beginning Monday, March 23rd, we will have a daily devotional available for you to watch, Mon. – Friday for encouragement thru God’s word on our website www.ibchighland.org
- We will also be seeking to stay in contact via phone calls and emails
- Pastoral care is available by calling the Church Office during our regular office hours, if you need to pray with a Minister or talk to someone.
Please continue to check our website for updates, and remember you can continue to support Immanuel thru prayers and your online giving as well at www.ibchighland.org/give
I love the Lord, because He hears My voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live. Psalm 116:1-2, NASB
Pastor Tracy Johnson
And also a word from our Immanuel Baptist Dayshool:
Immanuel Day School will remain open for the time being. If you are a first responder, health care provider, or any parent needing childcare, please feel free to contact the Day School directly to apply today (909) 862-6641. You can find more information at ibchighland.org/dayschool
UPDATE, March 12, 2020
Immanuel Church Family,
Greetings in the Name and Power of Jesus Christ!
As you are aware, we are facing many uncertainties regarding the coronavirus. These uncertainties seem to change on a daily basis and these changes impact us all.
Before we get into what Immanuel is planning this weekend, I want to remind us that God is still God. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He does not change and His love for us in Jesus Christ does not change. We can count on God to be the loving and all-powerful God He has always been and always will be.
Moreover, we are called to trust God in all times and specifically in times such as these. We are secure in the salvation of Christ and therefore we can have a sense of peace and calm when others do not. And since Jesus has called us to be His hands and feet here on earth, then we need to have a steadfast faith in Christ as others come to us for answers.
Throughout history, the church of Christ has always stood fast and tall in light of calamity and disaster. When others are hurting and looking for answers, the church is there with mercy and the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are called to reach people with love and point them to Jesus.
In light of those truths, we will continue our church services this Sunday. We will continue to worship the Lord, praise His Name, and ask that He help us be the church that He desires us to be in the moment of crisis.
As of Thursday, March 12, 2020, here is our church plan for Sunday, March 15, 2020:
- We will have regularly scheduled services at 9:15 AM and 10:50 AM. We will, however, spread our service locations out to include the worship center, the chapel, and the Fellowship hall. So, we will heed our state’s request in keeping our gatherings below 250 people at each location. We will have ushers at each entrance to help you worship Jesus with your family and loved ones.
- We are going to cancel our High School through Adult Bible Study Communities. We will continue to have Preschool through Middle School in their specific classes.
- We will also continue to have our services available via livestream.
During our worship times together, we are taking extra precautions and ask that you consider doing the same. We are:
- Making sure to wash our hands more frequently and we are asking you to do the same.
- Spreading out our chairs so that we have a little more space.
- Walking our offering plates around so that no one has to touch the offering plates.
- Exchanging our typical extra-friendly Immanuel hugs and handshakes for “hellos” and other kind verbal greetings.
- Working diligently through our custodial team to disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
If you are not feeling well or are displaying symptoms:
- We love you and are concerned about you. We want you healthy and we want all of our members to be healthy. If you are sick or have flu-like symptoms, then please safeguard your health and the health of others and stay at home or seek medical attention if needed. You can always join us through livestream by clicking this link: https://ibclive.churchonline.org/
Questions that you might have:
If I stay at home and watch through Livestream, then how can I worship through giving of tithes and offerings?
- We will offer links on our website that will help you set up your online giving. These links will take you to a secure page that will help you give your tithes and offerings even while you are at home. You can also give by clicking on this secure link: https://ibchighland.org/give/
I would really like to join my church family in worship, but I am a little nervous. What should I do?
- If you are feeling well, then please join us. Immanuel is your church family. Please consider joining us as we will be worshiping the Lord together this Sunday.
- Take some extra precautions. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water. Please do not cough or sneeze without covering your mouths.
If things progress, will Immanuel continue to hold worship services?
- In light of who we are and our mission, we will always hold worship services. We might have to consider future options, but we will communicate any changes with you as further details come to us. Please look for future official Immanuel Baptist Church communications.
- Please pray for us as we seek to be wise and effective servants of Christ at all times but especially in light of the coronavirus.
Lord willing, we will see you (in person or online) this Sunday as we proclaim the greatness of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
In love and in Christ,
Immanuel Baptist Church
March 12, 2020
For more information from the Centers for Disease Control, click here!